Rocky Mountain Voice

Approved

State orders Mollie Kathleen mine to halt all tours after guide killed, 23 trapped
Approved, State, The Colorado Sun

State orders Mollie Kathleen mine to halt all tours after guide killed, 23 trapped

By Olivia Prentzel | Colorado Sun A Colorado tourist mine was inspected and declared safe six weeks before an elevator malfunction killed a tour guide and stranded 23 people underground last week.  The Colorado Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety sent a cease and desist letter to Mollie Kathleen tourist mine near Cripple Creek on Wednesday, ordering its owners to halt tours and restrict all public access to the mine, with the exception of law enforcement and other agencies investigating the fatal incident.  A message posted on Mollie Kathleen’s website after the incident said the gold mine “will be closed until further notice.” The mine, which isn’t open year-round, was scheduled to end tours a few days after the Oct. 10 incident.  READ THE FULL STORY AT THE COLORAD...
Hezbollah declares ‘New phase’ of terror against Israel after its leadership is decimated
Approved, Breitbart, National

Hezbollah declares ‘New phase’ of terror against Israel after its leadership is decimated

By John Hayward | Breitbart Eager to demonstrate that it is capable of fighting after losing many of its top leaders, the Iran-backed Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah on Friday announced it will begin “the transition to a new and escalating phase in the confrontation with the Israeli enemy.” The Hezbollah statement said the decision to enter this nebulous new phase was made “based on the directives of the Resistance Command.” The terrorists promised that their new strategy “will be reflected in the developments and events of the coming days.” READ THE FULL STORY AT BREITBART
Volleyball team risks forfeiting a championship to stand for the ‘future of women’s sports’
Approved, National, The Daily Signal

Volleyball team risks forfeiting a championship to stand for the ‘future of women’s sports’

By Elizabeth Troutman Mitchell | Daily Signal The women of the University of Nevada at Reno volleyball team plan to defy their school by refusing to compete against a team with a biological male player. “We are risking our main goal, which is a Mountain West championship,” University of Nevada women’s volleyball team captain and outside hitter Sia Liilii told The Daily Signal. “A team is a group that bands together to reach a common goal, and that is the purpose of our spot-on the team. No one wants to lose and put that at risk, but this is bigger than wins and losses.” “It is the future of women’s sports,” she explained. READ THE FULL STORY AT THE DAILY SIGNAL
Deputies seize 60 pounds of meth, arrest two in traffic stop on Colorado’s Western Slope
Approved, CBS Colorado, Local, Mesa County

Deputies seize 60 pounds of meth, arrest two in traffic stop on Colorado’s Western Slope

By Jennifer McRae | CBS Colorado Two people have been arrested following a traffic stop on Colorado's Western Slope in which authorities seized 60 pounds of methamphetamine. According to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office, an investigator with the Western Colorado Drug Task Force conducted the traffic stop on Tuesday. The investigator approached the vehicle after it pulled into a gas station in Fruita following a traffic violation. The investigation resulted in the seizure of approximately 60 pounds of methamphetamine. READ THE FULL STORY AT CBS COLORADO
Major paint company to lay off 1,800 workers, close facilities in cost reduction program
Approved, Fox Business, National

Major paint company to lay off 1,800 workers, close facilities in cost reduction program

By Daniella Genovese  | Fox Business PPG — a global manufacturer of paints, coatings, and specialty materials — is laying off nearly 2,000 workers as it trims operation costs and sells off a chunk of its architectural business. The cuts will impact about 1,800 positions, primarily in the U.S. and Europe. PPG didn't disclose when the layoffs would occur. The Pittsburgh-based company said it is part of a comprehensive cost reduction program focused on reducing structural costs primarily in Europe and in certain other global businesses, along with other corporate costs. The program also includes various facility closures. READ THE FULL STORY AT FOX BUSINESS
‘Foreign interference’: UK Socialist Party reportedly planned to send activists to campaign for Harris
Approved, National, The Daily Caller

‘Foreign interference’: UK Socialist Party reportedly planned to send activists to campaign for Harris

By Jake Smith | Daily Caller A foreign socialist political party was reportedly planning to send scores of operatives to the U.S. to seemingly campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris, according to multiple reports. The United Kingdom’s (U.K.) Labour Party, currently in control of the country’s government and headed by self-admitted socialist Kier Starmer, has already had some interactions with the Harris campaign ahead of the November U.S. elections. Labour Party Head of Operations Sofia Patel announced on Wednesday that roughly 100 current and former party staff planned to fly to the U.S. in the coming weeks to campaign for Harris, according to multiple posts on Patel’s LinkedIn profile that have now been deleted. The Daily Caller News Foundation revie...
Democrats concerned Harris has ‘until the end of this week’ to reach undecided voters
Approved, National, Washington Examiner

Democrats concerned Harris has ‘until the end of this week’ to reach undecided voters

By Naomi Lim | Washington Examiner Democrats are worried the window for Vice President Kamala Harris to persuade undecided voters is closing despite her campaign’s more aggressive strategy. Harris is encountering difficulties connecting with members of the traditional Democratic base, including black and Latino men, and those undecided voters could decide the election. With less than three weeks until Nov. 5, Democrats, including South Carolina state Sen. Dick Harpootlian, concede the “persuasion piece” of the 2024 election “is over,” or it will be “by the end of this week.” “People will have made up their minds,” Harpootlian told the Washington Examiner. “I don’t think anybody’s going to walk into that voting booth or two days ...
Judge orders more Jack Smith Trump investigation docs to be made public ahead of election
Approved, Fox News, National

Judge orders more Jack Smith Trump investigation docs to be made public ahead of election

By Julia Johnson , Jake Gibson | Fox News The judge in former President Donald Trump's federal election interference case ordered more documents to be revealed from special counsel Jack Smith's investigation into the former president just weeks before the 2024 election.  U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan ordered on Thursday night that additional documents be made public.  The documents pertain to the appendix of exhibits in the fight over whether Trump has a level of presidential immunity that negates the charges against him.  READ THE FULL STORY AT FOX NEWS
2024 presidential election live updates: Trump gives hilarious roast at Al Smith charity dinner
Approved, National, New York Post

2024 presidential election live updates: Trump gives hilarious roast at Al Smith charity dinner

By Diana Glebova, Josh Christenson, Victor Nava, Steven Nelson and Kaydi Pelletier | New York Post Former President Donald Trump delivered hit after hit Thursday night at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner in Manhattan, a historic Catholic fundraiser where, in an election year, the candidates traditionally take advantage of the opportunity to roast and mock each other. The “Met Gala for Catholics,” some have called it. Vice President Kamala Harris notably dodged the dinner, instead phoning it in with a pre-recorded video message we’ve confirmed she scrambled to pull together at the last minute. And it was only mildly funny, for a very specific set of millennial voters. READ THE FULL STORY AT THE NEW YORK POST
In Larimer County, sheriff and DA at odds over claims DA doesn’t properly prosecute child predators
Approved, CBS Colorado, Local

In Larimer County, sheriff and DA at odds over claims DA doesn’t properly prosecute child predators

By Dillon Thomas | CBS Colorado Two of Larimer County's top law enforcement officials are at odds over how the Colorado county's district attorney's office is prosecuting suspects of some crimes. Larimer County Sheriff John Feyen, a Republican, has publicly criticized District Attorney Gordon McLaughlin, a Democrat, of letting at least one sex offender suspect off easy from prosecution. McLaughlin denies the accusations, claiming they are politically fueled. In recent weeks the Larimer County Sheriff's Office has released some press releases calling out McLaughlin's office for allegedly letting criminals off easy compared to the charges they initially faced. One of the main cases highlighted by LCSO involved a man who was arrested for trying to pay $450 to have sexual relations wi...